Use your ATM and Debit card safely. Here are some tips to help protect yourself and your card:
- Sign your card upon receipt.
- Monitor your transactions for unauthorized use. Online Banking makes it easy to review your transactions online daily.
- Keep an eye on your card until the merchant completes your transaction, and make sure you get your card back.
- Be aware of the expiration date on your debit card. If you do not receive a reissued card before the expiration date, notify customer service. Once you receive a reissued card, destroy your old card.
- Protect your privacy and the privacy of others. Be aware of others in line behind you at the ATM. Position yourself in front of the ATM keyboard to prevent anyone from observing your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Be courteous while waiting at an ATM, and keep a polite distance. Allow the person to complete his or her transaction before approaching the machine.
- Be prepared. Fill out deposit forms and have your card ready before approaching the ATM. When your transaction is complete, pocket your card and cash immediately. Count it later in the safety of your locked car or home.
- Drive-up ATMs. Remember to keep your doors locked, your other car windows closed and your car running.
- Treat your ATM card like cash. Guard your ATM card as carefully as cash, checks and credit cards.
- Memorize your PIN and don't share the number with anyone. Do not write your PIN on your card or keep it in your wallet. Stand directly in front of an ATM when entering your PIN.
- Save your receipts. Do not leave your receipts at the ATM. Remember to record each transaction and match it to your monthly statement.
- Stay alert. Be aware of your surroundings, especially at night. Park in a well-lit area and have someone accompany you. If you notice anything suspicious, use another ATM or come back later.
- Report suspicious behavior. If you notice anything unusual, cancel your transaction, pocket your card and leave immediately. Go to a safe place and call the police if you suspect dangerous or illegal activity.
- If your ATM or Debit card is lost or stolen, please follow these steps:
- Report your card lost or stolen immediately by calling DuPage National Bank at (630) 231-5100. No matter where you are, report lost or stolen cards to minimize loss and liability.
- Notify all of the participating merchants with whom you've set up automatic bill payments. Once DuPage National Bank issues you a new card, you'll need to reestablish automatic bill payments with your new card at the participating merchants.
back to top
back to Privacy and Security